Los Cabos: Several Unique and Unforgettable Experiences in One DestinationBaja Living, News, STORIES — By romana on November 30, 2011 at 12:55 pm
With over 30 miles of beach, award-winning resorts and spas, and some of the best golf courses in North America, visiting Los Cabos is a truly an experience that can not be missed. For travelers seeking the ultimate, profoundly memorable vacation, there are an endless number of adventures and attractions to choose from at the tip of the Baja Peninsula.
Among the variety of adventures available to guests in Los Cabos, the following are ‘must- do’ activities, essential in creating the ideal ‘bucket list.’
- Swimming with Whale Sharks -Visitors to Los Cabos can take the adventure of a lifetime and swim with Whale Sharks, the largest fish in the world. Guests have a chance to get up-close-and-personal with these gentle giants of the sea. www.cabo-expeditions.com.mx
- Release of Baby Sea Turtles – During the months of June – September, visitors can lend a helping hand to the sea turtle conservation effort in Los Cabos. Guided by experienced naturalists, guests have the ability to adopt baby sea turtles and help release them back into the ocean.
- Whale Watching Photo Safari – During the winter season, guests in Los Cabos have the opportunity to witness the migration of whales from the artic to the warm, calm waters surround the Baja Peninsula. Visitors can observe the whales a variety of ways, including from the beaches and overlooks of Los Cabos and through whale-watching trips offered by local tour companies aboard small boats for a truly intimate experience.
- Play on a championship golf course – Do you dream of playing on a golf course designed by champion players such as Jack Nicklaus, Pete Dye or Greg Norman? As Mexico’s golf mecca, Los Cabos offers guests the option to play at a variety of award-winning, championship courses designed by golf legends.
- ‘Stay Like a Star’ – Guests in Los Cabos can “Stay Like a Star” at their favorite resort and enjoy the perks of celebrity living. Many resorts offer packages to guests, allowing them the opportunity to be pampered like a star. Check out the ultimate celebrity Cabo San Lucas resort Capella Pedregal: www.capellapedregal.com
- Visiting a True ‘Magic Town’ – Located a just a short drive from Los Cabos is Todos Santos, Baja’s only “Pueblo Magico.” Offering visitors a “magical experience” due to its natural beauty, cultural richness and historical relevance, Todos Santos is one of 42 Pueblos Magicos throughout Mexico. www.todossantos.cc
- World-class Sport Fishing – Known as the “World’s Aquarium,” Los Cabos is home to some of the world’s best sport fishing. A paradise for avid anglers, guests can sail on one of Los Cabos’ over 500 fishing vessels and catch marlin, swordfish, wahoo, dorado, yellowtail, snapper, and many more. Check out: Seacraft sportfishing and cruise charters
Los Cabos, located at the tip of the 1,000-mile long Baja Peninsula, is home to award-winning hotels, luxury villas and timeshare resorts, championship golf courses, rejuvenating spas, world-class sport fishing and much more. With a unique landscape of dramatic desert and white sand beaches, Los Cabos is an exotic escape within easy reach of most U.S. cities.
With non-stop flights or convenient connections available from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Missouri; Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York/Newark, Oakland, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, California, Seattle and more, Los Cabos is both accessible and exciting.
Information via www.time2travel.com